Time is running out for strategic year-end giving

Dear Friends,

Partnering with ChildHope, you’re giving a brighter future to children who would otherwise live in desperate need. Thank you for being a friend!

Just a reminder: giving prior to December 31 can help maximize your power to share the love of Christ, and play an important role on this year’s taxes, too.

This year only, the CARES Act offers wonderful benefits when you donate to ChildHope (and other charities):

You can take a charitable deduction against 100% of your 2020 AGI for federal tax purposes. The first 60% can be donated directly to charity or put in your Donor Advised Fund (as in previous years), and the remaining 40% must be a donation in cash or check, to a regular public charity, such as ChildHope, before the end of the year.

Other options for tax-wise year-end giving:

  • If you’re 70-1/2 or older, you can make a rollover gift of up to $100,000 from your IRA with no tax penalties and without adding a penny to your taxable income.
    • You’ll also receive a tax deduction for your charitable gift whether or not you itemize. What a great way to give a significant gift and take advantage of the tax break offered by the U.S. government.
  • When you donate appreciated stocks or property, you will receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the asset, and you may also save on capital gains taxes — allowing you to give more to ChildHope than if you sold the property and donated the proceeds. The attached giving chart shows you how.
  • And as always: any cash gift dated and postmarked by December 31 may apply toward this year’s taxes, too.

Thank you for remembering the children of Latin America and the Caribbean with your generosity and prayers today.

For the children,
Mary Kathleen Mahon, Ph.D.

P.S.     If you have questions or need more information about any of these options, please contact Regina Rogers at rrogers@childhopeonline.org or ‭1.800.289.7071‬ today.